05 October 2009

Savannah and the 'Real' USC - Old Forge Pizza Reminder

 I came home to a rather odd sight today.  My precious little Savannah is wearing a sweater with the USC Gamecocks (they had the letters first for you USCalifornia people) logo on it since my wife said he was apparently 'shivering' this morning. We left the window open a little because a nice rain was falling and a cool breeze flowing through the house that made for very good sleeping.  It was also apparent when I got home that he didn't care for it.  He walked around like he had just received another one of those mean Veterinarian tests that are only whispered about.  I was a little concerned that Savannah was wearing a sweater that promotes the names of the mascot 'Gamecocks.'  It's so enriching to be driving around Columbia, SC or walking through a Mall and see trucks with decals or women in t-shirts that say, "Go Cocks," or "Love those Cocks (Gamecocks of course).  It's just so different from the Nittany Lions or the Tunkhannock Tigers or Abington Heights falling 'Comets.'


The following is for all of you who've been raising questions about whether there is Old Forge Pizza in heaven or an Old Forge Pizza Heaven in the first place.  Yes, yes and YES!  Especially those of you from Germany and all places North.  Isn't it all about the great pleasures of life that we want to take with us?  Italy has it right (I lived there three years).  Good Food, Good Wine.  The pleasures of a close family.  Verdi said, "You may have the universe, if I may have Italy."  I think I'd take that deal.  But look at these pictures...is that not good looking, good-tasting stuff?  It's 'Brick' Cheese with a little white American mixed in that melts in your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment