01 October 2009

The RV catches flak...Joe arrives...Sandra's Initiation to the RV

Before I forget. At the Hagerstown, MD KOA, my lovely little Pekingese puppy Savannah, who some have described as the spawn of the devil (wrongly so) , found a new friend with a plastic fawn outside the latrines...Hagerstown was also the place my lovely wife Sandra 'baptized' the RV with her blood by not ducking as she was getting back into the driver's cab.  Not much blood but plenty of pain associated.  So what else happens that very day?  Of course, she does it AGAIN!  But that's not all friends who read this blog.  She is using the restroom at night and forgets that there is a step just outside the small bathroom which she of course misses and lands on   the royal tushie.  Bruise?  Oh yea.  Large.  Oh yes!  But I'm not allowed to see it since its in one of those "private places."
So now we're settled in PA. I backed the RV in without the help of bus drivin' Kevin and the Timmer.  We go to see Aunt Ida and as usual she is the most pleasant person. No pretenses or "airs." She's just a genuine, pleasant person. But the cravings started early for me. I had to have my pizza from Old Forge, Calarrussos, Amerattas...I didn't care. The habit had to be fed.  Day 4 - First night out to eat. Amerratas in Chinchilla. There is a God - there is a heaven...I found it very quickly when Sandra and I sat down to eat out our first night in glorious, clean air PA in spite of the Gore-maniacs (nuts who've been proven by real Scientists to be completely wrong while he makes millions selling environmentally whacked park residents carbon offsets? - did you know that former President Bush's house in Texas is more environmentally friendly than Gore's in Nashville?  Wait - didn't Gore lose his home state of TN in the election? - bummer - but they know the real Gore's),  that think the earth is warming when it is actually cooling? 
NorthEast PA people call it ordering pizza by 'trays.'  You get a 'tray' of white pizza (lots of rosemary) or a 'tray' of red (mouthwatering cheese)  - or you can order just a 'cut,' which means a slice.  We order four 'cuts,' knowing full well that we had to have some of the spaghetti and Sandra two of those world-class meatballs.  It almost turned me from vegetarianism - but even Uncle Elmer couldn't do that - God rest his soul (I have to say that everytime I mention his name because of Sandra's Catholicism).  All are like biting into a sweet, melting taste of nothingness yet a burst of gooey wonderful flavor in your mouth.  We asked about the portion size of the spaghetti and happened to notice another table who got a 'single' portion which looked like it could feed a family of 6.  So we went with the child's portion.   That was more than enough because I proceeded to eat three of the cuts while Sandra dug into the mouth-watering meatballs and spaghetti.  My cholestoral is genetic so I paused for a minute before I went for slice number 4.  Too late - Sandra got it.  Fortunately she shared the spaghetti and I had all I needed...BTW - my chorestoral has declined from 312 to 185 thanks to Crestor.  All in two months.  So Old Forge (Sicilian) Pizza is still on the list of things I will eat right before my expiration.  We left Amerettos and headed back to the RV for our first cool night in PA.
More to follow...
Joe K - Jed Clampett doesn't live here...1-800-RV4rent is the bomb and Joe's just jealous - so is the Timmer - Timmer bummed me out on the TV hook-up.  Thanks to Cousin Chrissy for the electric and water...Getting insulted at Salerno's in Old Forge is just a matter of course...there  really is a good pizza place in Montrose - especially since Aunt Martha paid for it...Aunt Martha became my newest bestest hero an hour later...Grant Adams is the bomb...
Amanda Adams is the future President of the United States (we can only hope). 

No comments:

Post a Comment