10 May 2009

Uncle Elmer and Uncle Rex


I have unfortunately officiated at the funerals for two of my Uncles up in PA this year. Uncle Elmer Swartz in January and Uncle Rex Lott in April...I greet relatives now with, "Hey, glad to see this isn't a funeral!" Oh wait...maybe I spoke too soon...

Elmer was a Navy man and farmer and good at it all...Rex was an outdoorsman who had it figured out...life isn't your work, and your work isn't your life...he died rich...but little money...if you know what I mean by being "rich."


I wonder when I'll go every day. At home? In a hospital bed so drugged up I cannot tell if I'm dead or alive anyway? Some faint touch to my hand by someone who whispers my name? Violent and slow???

1 comment:

  1. I haven't cried for my dad in weeks. Thanks Len

    ReplyDelete